Contact Our Group
Dr. Gabriel Oliver Codina
Departament de Matemàtiques i Informàtica
Phone: +34 971 173 201
Fax:+34 971 173 003
Edif. Anselm Turmeda
Universitat de les Illes Balears (UIB)
Cra. de Valldemossa, km 7’5
07122 – Palma de Mallorca (SPAIN)
In compliance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, we hereby inform you that the data collected will be included in one or more files hosted by the SRV in the processing registry created expressly for these files, the purpose of which are to process your request/application. The data requested are needed to do this, and thus, not providing them would impede the processing of your request/application.
The SRV is responsible for processing the data and as such guarantees you the right to access, change, oppose, eliminate, transfer, and limit the processing of the data provided. To exercise these rights you must contact: Systems, Robotics and Vision Group; A.Turmeda Building; UIB Campus; Ctra. de Valldemossa, km 7,5; 07122 Palma (SPAIN). Similarly, the UIB commits to respecting the confidentiality of your data and using them for the purpose for which the files were created.
How to reach us
The Balearic Islands’ archipelago is situated east of Spain, in the central part of the western Mediterranean basin. Palma, the capital of the Balearics, is in the south of Majorca, the largest of the Balearic Islands.
Palma is connected with the Spanish mainland by either plane and boat, although Palma airport can also be directly reached from the main European capitals. From the airport, if you do not plan to hire a car, public transport can bring you to the downtown of Palma, and there you can get to the UIB by bus (Plaça Espanya, line 19).
To reach the University of Balearic Islands by public transport
From the Airport
There is no a direct public transportation from UIB and the airport, 15km apart. Taxi is the best way to get the University in about 12 minutes. By bus, you have to go to Espanya Square (in Palma city center) with bus line 1 and change to another bus or underground.
From the City (Palma de Mallorca)
From Espanya Square (Plaça Espanya) to UIB From 07:00 to 20:30: trains every 15 minutes From UIB to Espanya Square (plaça Espanya) From 07:00 to 20:30: trains every 15 minutes
To reach the University of Balearic Islands by car
- Take the airport exit which reads “Palma” (Ma-19)
- Take exit “Via de Cintura – Andratx – Pto. Alcudia” (Ma-20) after some kilometres in the highway
- Take exit B5 to “Valldemossa – Universitat” to enter “Carretera de Valldemossa” (Ma-111)
- After 4 roundabouts you will see the main access of UIB campus
- To get to the Anselm Turmeda building, take the underground passage when arriving at the 5th roundabout (direction ParcBit)
- At the next roundabout, take to the right and you will see on your right the Anselm Turmeda building, where the Escuela Politécnica Superior (School of Enginnering) is, together with the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, and the SRV group.